Chelsi Tashaleen Shikongo is a Namibian beauty queen, model, comedian and activist, who was recently crowned Miss Universe Namibia 2021.
Chelsi was crowned by Miss Namibia 2019 Nadja Breytenbach at the 26th edition of the pageant on June 5 pageant at Windhoek Country Club Resort and Casino.
At the pageant hosted by Adriano Visagie, Chelsi emerged Queen with the first runner up spot going to Annerie Maré and the second runner up place being awarded to Michelle Mukuve.
As Miss Namibia 2021, Chelsi will represent Namibia in Miss Universe 2021 in Costa Rica in December 2021. Here are a few facts about the top model.
- She was born in Swakopmund, Erongo, Namibia. She is the eldest of six children, and grew up in Walvis Bay
- She speaks Afrikaans and English. Chelsi has also studied Portuguese and German.
- In 2010, she started modelling with LC’s Models in Walvis Bay. The following year she left the school and started working as a freelance model
- Chelsi auditioned for the Trustco Star Performer talent competition in 2013 and made it to boot camp, where she was introduced to Boss Models Agency. However, she failed to make it to the final part of the competition because of school examinations.
- In February 2015, she started a youth empowerment campaign called I Can Say No, which promotes abstinence to minimise teenage pregnancies and prevent unwanted pregnancies
- Chelsi in 2016 entered a Facebook competition called Be A Boss, which was run by Truworths SA and Boss Models Cape Town
- She joined Boss Models Cape Town in Cape Town, South Africa in May 2017, and in September 2018, Chelsi joined Most Wanted Models Agency, Germany.
- Chelsi moved to Cape Town in 2019. That same year, she was in Milan, Italy for the Fashion Week, did a campaign for SM Mall of Asia in the Philippines, an ad for Skip South Africa, did some work for Pringle of Scotland and also worked Mr Price South Africa.
She was 23-years-old when she won Miss Namibia 2021. Before winning the title, she worked for First National Bank, Sorbet, Spree, Style Magazine, Truworths and Woolworths as a model. – CONAN Daily