Victoria Falls, Kruger, Kilimanjaro and the Serengeti made the top 20 list of the World's Most Instagrammed National Parks.
And we must say, we're not surprised.
Recent analysis done by Faraway Garden Furniture looked at hashtags to reveal which parks were tagged the most on Instagram. The admission fees for each park was also analysed, ascertaining if there was a correlation between the most tagged and the most expensive.
Yosemite, US, which only has a $20 entry fee, came out on top as the most popular National Park on Instagram with more than 4 million hashtags. Los Glaciares, Argentina is the least popular with a mere 30 531 hashtags. Still not too bad in hashtag world.
Africa has four parks on the list, including Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, the Kruger National Park in South Africa, Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, and the Tanzanian part of the Serengeti.
The most expensive national park in the world is the Galapagos ($100), an archipelago in Ecuador, which, despite it being so expensive, came in at 8th position.
Here is the top 20 list with the amount of hashtags:
- Yosemite (US) - 4 067 845
- Grand Canyon (US) - 3,859,864
- Lake District (UK) -2 662,538
- Rocky Mountain (US) - 2 343 245
- Yellowstone (US) - 2 109 660
- Peak District (UK) - 1 342 240
- Kruger National Park (SA) - 1 106 004
- Galapagos (ECU) - 1 018 355
- Sequoia (US) - 979 681
- Snowdonia (UK) - 844 124
- New Forest (UK) - 662 274
- Komodo (INDO) - 629 083
- Serengeti (TANZ) - 618 052
- Kilimanjaro (TANZ) - 493 550
- Guilin and Lijiang River (CHINA) - 398 616
- Uluru (AU) - 392 500
- Victoria Falls (ZA) - 234 495
- Fiordland (NZ) - 167 678
- Swiss (SUI) - 44 523
- Los Glaciares (ARG) - 30 531