A makeup artist and fashion designer from Namibia was crowned Miss Supranational at Strzelecki Park Amphitheater in Malopolska, Poland, on August 21.
Chanique Rabe was chosen from a field of 58 contenders to become the first winner from Africa in the 12-year-old Poland-based competition.
The new queen impressed the judges during the final round of questioning. When asked what she would discuss with her country’s leader, Rabe said, “Coming from a Third World country and seeing how he handled the COVID pandemic, how wonderfully he communicated with our nation … how he handled everything, I would love to get some advice from him for my journey forward.”
Namibian President Hage Geingob was praised by other state leaders and the World Health Organisation, for successfully containing COVID-19 during the earlier months of the pandemic.
Chanique holds a certificate in makeup artistry and photography. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born and raised in Windhoek, Namibia.
- She is an ambassador for Hope Village Orphanage. Through her own charity project called The Mending Project, she teaches sewing to children.
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- From 2003 to 2015, she attended Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool. She held the Miss Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool title.
- In 2013, she visited different places in the United States including Lake Buena Vista, Florida and Los Angeles, California.
- She was Miss Teen Namibia 2014.
- She was Face of Queen Spark 2015. She was crowned Miss Teen Continents 2015 in Texas, USA.
- From 2016 to 2017, she travelled to Cape Town, South Africa several times.
- In 2018, she and Kyle Honeyborne of South Africa started dating.
- From 2018 to 2019, she attended FEDISA in Cape Town where she earned her honours degree.
- On November 14, 2020, she was crowned Miss Supranational Namibia 2020 at Droombos in Windhoek. She bested 12 other candidates.
- She was 23-years-old when she was crowned Miss Supranational Namibia 2020.
- Since Miss Supranational 2020 was cancelled, she represented Namibia and competed against 57 other candidates at Miss Supranational 2021 in Nowy Sącz, Poland on August 21, 2021. – Philippines Daily Inquirer/Conan Daily